Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Yesterday was a blast.

So, yesterday was a blast.

There I was getting a good nights rest. Dreaming about needing to go to the hospital. Only, I end up going to the Children's Hospital. (The babies crying was my clue that I was in the wrong place.) So, I leave the hospital to go to DePaul (why DePaul when Norfolk General is right next door, I'll never understand) only the sound of a child crying follows me as I walk down the road.

Kick in the Mommy instincts.

Because upon waking, lo and behold, my middle child was crying away. Now, for those of you picturing a baby or toddler, let me inform you that said middle child is too-cool-for-school 13-year-old boy. So...crying?? Yeah, full mama mood is in effect.

After prying (yep, even in pain, he is still a typical teen) the reason for his crying out him, I rush him to CHKD. He is having pain behind his eyes but no other symptoms. This information even stumps the medical professionals who give him everything including the neurological exam.

Three hours later, you wanna know what the problem is?? (I know, bad grammar.)

The boy had stayed up to 3 am playing the Wii.

Eye fatigue anyone.

Geesh.

4 hours out of my day well-spent.

Hmph.

Got my revenge though.

The Doctor prescribed 24 hours with no television and no video games.

So, he's sitting in the room, all bored and lonely, pouting and whining as only a teen can!

Bruhahaha.

Is it wrong to take pleasure in his misery???

Nah....

Lol.

And, of course, I reinstated the rule of 10 pm and all electronics go off that I had relaxed for the summer vacation.

Need I say that his older brother is not well-pleased.

Or his little sister, for that matter.

Or the boy that I babysit.

Aww, my poor baby spent the day getting all kinds of evil looks.

Hehehe.

Bad Mommy. BAD!

But, hey, at least I got to watch The Wizard of Oz while at the hospital.

The extended version.

Did I mention it was 4 hours...

0 comments:

Post a Comment